Kathryn Gossow has been writing and publishing short and flash fiction in a variety of genres since 2006. Her debut novel Cassandra was a finalist in the Aurealis Awards for Best Fantasy Novel in 2017 and is published by Odyssey Books. She won an ASA Mentorship, was nominated for a Pushcart Prize and won a commendation for Flash Fiction from Australia Horror Writers’ Association.
Kathryn is a regular blogger and sometimes gardener of her two-acre garden in a pocket of the Brisbane River. When she is writing, her garden is a mess. When she is gardening, she forgets to write. It seems she cannot have both. She writes for that elusive feeling when she gets into the zone and there is nothing else in the world but her and the words that tumble onto the page. She gardens for the tomatoes. Her short fiction has appeared in the StylusLit, Gingerbread House, Black Magazine, AntipodeanSF, Diddle Dog, elimae, Salome Magazine, among other publications.
- Cassandra finalist in the 2017 Best Fantasy Novel category of Aurealis Awards
- Manuscript “Cassandra” awarded a mentorship in the Australian Society of Authors Mentorship Program for 2014.
- Nominated for Pushcart Prize, “Dance Home“, Cezanne’s Carrot, 2007
- Commendation in Australian Horror Writers’ Association Flash Fiction Competition for “Stalker” in 2006
Short Stories and Flash Fiction
- “Memory Games,” in StylusLit, September 2018
- “Turning the Corner,” Unsettling Wonder, December 2017
- “Grandma’s House,” Gingerbread House, February 2017
- “Devotees,” Crash Issue I, January 2010
- “Soulmates,” Black: Australian Dark Culture, Issue 3, November 2008
- “Cold Kiss,” Black Box Anthology, Brimstone Press, 2008
- “Dance Home,” Cezanne’s Carrot, Summer Solstice, 2007
- “Stalker,” Moonlit Path, October 2007
- “Boys and Cars,” elimae, February 2008
- “Women who do Lunch,” Salome Magazine, January 2008
- “Reflections on a Town Bike,” Diddle Dog, Spring 2007
- “The Applicant,” Antipodean SF, 2006 or hear it Beam Me UP
- “Worm,'” Cezanne’s Carrot, Autumn Equinox 2006
For fun she jumped out of plane (only once)…